Visit Autumns Acorns Photo

Visit:" A Quote A Day In A Spiritual Way."

Pictures Posted To This Blog!!!!

YOU MAY NOT COPY PICTURES FROM THIS BLOG WITH OUT PERMISSION FROM ME!!!

Family Photo's Taken By:

Autumns Acorns Photography & L. Cox

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grandma Sandberg Passing On







Grandma passed away early this morning. I want her to know how much I loved her. She was a great person. I have some very fond memories of her.She was a Breast Cancer survivor for over 30 years and that in and of itself is an accomplishment. She has had 8 children and 20 grandchildren and 30+ great grandchildren and a couple of great, great grandchildren. She was a talented woman. I have the privelge of a landscape painting that she made and gave me as a gift hanging in my home. I have an afgan that she knitted for me for my wedding. She also did many ceramics. She loved clocks too. She has several clocks in her home that chime on the hour with various songs and noises. I have a very special memory of having her sit next to me and my Mom in the temple when I was sealed to Chris. I have another memory of walking along side her in her wheelchair at the Race For The Cure and looking over at her and seeing a hat with survivor patches completely filling it. I have inherited the gift of calling my children a list of names when trying to talk to them I say their names partially until I get the right child. My Mom also was passed down that trait from Grandma. I remember canning peaches in the summer with her and Mom. I remember her beautiful flowers and she had snap dragons that she'd let me pick a blossom off of and play with. I loved her rickety old swing set and now there is an almost new one for the younger generations to play on. I loved that she had a clothes line that had clothes hanging on it until a few years ago. I loved her amazing smile. Her laugh was contagious. She could play a mean game of Rummy around a table with my Mom and my Aunt's. She loved Avon and I have received several lotions and chap sticks in my day from her. When I visited with her last week to say good bye she hugged my tightly and told me she was going to be with God for a while. In her next sentence she she said my finger nails were so sparkly and pretty. My tears turned to a smile very quickly. She told me she loved me and that I was a sweet heart. I think she was the sweet heart.
I want my Mom to know how much I look up to her too. She helped take care of Grandma for the past few years and Every Friday she cleaned her home, put her hair in rollers and took her to any place she might need to go like the Doctors office and the store. My Mom is a true example of being selfless.
I am so glad in having a knowledge that I will see Grandma again. She was needed back in Heaven to do a greater work than we'll ever understand here on earth. I would also like to think that her loved one's who have passed on before her and those who will be sent to her family were up in heaven greeting her with open arms and great big kisses and that she wasn't alone in death. I know she is happy.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

I'm sorry about your grandma. She sounds like an amazing lady! How wonderful that you have so many fond memories of her.

Annie said...

Our thoughts are with you! Beautiful post.

Marci said...

What a great tribute! I am so sorry for your loss, It is obvious that she was a beautiful lady who was loved and will be missed.