Ode to when we remember the things we did when we were young......
#1- The summer before my senior year we slept out on our young women's president's lawn with a big group of kids. Girls seperate from the boy's. (Yes i'm telling the truth.) And for a week prior had been collecting things from the summer clean up from garbage cans ie... Broken lawn chairs, used carpet, old lawn rakes and tools, old furniture. Old canidate signs. Then we bought a 96 roll case of T.P. Then the young men brought fire works.(No our Leader's had no idea what we were doing.) So we went to only 2 houses and tp'd, strategically placed the items. (No we didn't Vandalize.) and then jumped into the back of the van's and lit fire works off to wake the people up. (No we didn't get caught. No we didn't set a fire. Yep we laughed and then we laughed and then we laughed and laughed some more. Some laughed so hard they wet their pants.)
#1- The summer before my senior year we slept out on our young women's president's lawn with a big group of kids. Girls seperate from the boy's. (Yes i'm telling the truth.) And for a week prior had been collecting things from the summer clean up from garbage cans ie... Broken lawn chairs, used carpet, old lawn rakes and tools, old furniture. Old canidate signs. Then we bought a 96 roll case of T.P. Then the young men brought fire works.(No our Leader's had no idea what we were doing.) So we went to only 2 houses and tp'd, strategically placed the items. (No we didn't Vandalize.) and then jumped into the back of the van's and lit fire works off to wake the people up. (No we didn't get caught. No we didn't set a fire. Yep we laughed and then we laughed and then we laughed and laughed some more. Some laughed so hard they wet their pants.)
#2- My friends and I slept out in my camper the summer before 9th grade and my Mom (The Coolest Lady In The World.) Took us toilet papering to the guy that I liked house. But there is a catch.... Some man saw us doing it and followed us for like 20 minutes while my mom was driving in and out of neighborhoods to try and get away from him. We finally pulled over and my mom said that she was and adult and it was okay because we were with her.... Too funny!!!
#3- Sleeping over at the Parr's house. There was never a dull moment. We would laugh for hours and play Barbies and Strawberry Shortcake. Sheldon would end up coming in during the wee hours of the morning and telling us to be quiet and go to sleep. Julie and I have been best friends since practically birth. We may not see each other enough but there is never a week that goes by that we don't talk at least twice. (Not many people can say that about their friends.) I could walk in their house and I always felt like I was part of the family.
#4- It's another memory from the Parr's. We used to sit on the back porch and eat the most delicious ripe tomatoes out of the garden. We'd take the salt and pepper out with us and eat the Tomatoes like they were apples.
#5- Grandpa Sandberg and his harmonica sitting by the heater vent. Oh I wished I could play like he could. He was such an ornery man but his eye's lit up when he played his Harmonica and I remember being little and dancing to it.
#6- Singing Annie at the top of my lungs!!! My poor family. Need I say anything more than this.... I sang it and sang it and sang it and sang it and sang it. (you get the picture.) I can still sing it!
#7- My Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen's House.
I had the opportunity to live with them for small periods and long periods. They have a very special place in my heart. They always made me feel safe and loved. I remember my grandma buying me avacado's, fixing me cream of rice, buying me the "in" clothes and making me feel sooo special. Their home had a special smell. Once in a while i'll be somewhere and i'll smell that smell and take in another deep breath and the memories come flooding back.
#8- Me and Aub's playing with a fridge box in the duplex!!! We probably played in that thing for 2 weeks. We made it into a house. Then it rained and the box died.
#9- Playing City. Me, Julie, Aubrie and Kristy used to pretend like our houses were certain parts of the city and ride our bikes around the block and then go "Shopping." We'd trade stuff and then go "drive" around again.
#10- Sunday Dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen. Every Sunday and I mean Every Sunday there was a standing dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's. You could always count on an awesome dinner and a lot of fun playing.... Colored eggs and T.V. Tag with the cousin's. We'd also take the blanket's out and roll down the small hill. We'd play that tennis ball game. Eat home -made icecream. Play in the dirt in the planter boxes. Sit and talk. Take great nap's.
#11- Playing basketball with our Dad out front. All the time while I was in high school Dad would play hoops with us. Horse was the favorite. Tornado second. Loved it.
Oh How I miss being a kid..... Hopefully my kids have great memories too. (Well maybe not the T.P. one's or the Fireworks or Garbage digging.) But all the rest is fine.




1 comments:
Fun memories!!!
Post a Comment