

Just a little book mark with a quote... This is what the little book mark says: "If you truly love yourself, you will remember that you are a physical, mental and spiritual being. Loving yourself as God wants you to means that you use wisdom in protecting your life and conserving your health in order to complete your mission in earth...
Being mentally strong includes remembering that the glory of God is intelligence. Knowing this you will want to steadily increase your knowledge and wisdom and avoid literature,movies and conversations that would pollute your mind. We who love ourselves properly take seriously the Lord's teaching that we are to let virtue garnish our thoughts unceasingly. Keeping yourself morally clean is loving yourself properly. Forgiving yourself after sufficiently repenting of a sin is an important dimension of self love... Comparing yourself to others can result in either feelings of inferiority or superiority... Accept yourself as the unique person you are without comparing yourself to others. Doing this will help you love yourself properly without conceit."
(I got this off of a hand out from the IdeaDoor.)
This is something that I think a lot of women struggle with at some point...
Loving Ourselves. (Well At Least I Do.) In times past I have felt soooo inadaquate to the challenges that life throws at us. Like will I fit in? Am I cute enough or skinny enough? Will I say or do something stupid? Will I be laughed at or made fun of? Why is this happening to me? Will I ever figure this thing called life out?
Isn't it sad that a grown woman can feel that way???
I have as of the last couple of years have come to a great understanding of this principle of loving myself. I truly feel like I love myself and I know that the Lord knows exactly who I am and what I am going through and that he loves me no matter what. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have a purpose in life. I know that this purpose is a constantly changing one. I know that it's important to know who I am so that I can give my kids the gift of a Mother who is strong and loving. It's very important to me that I teach my kids to be themselves and that it doesn't matter what others think of them as long as they know exactly who they are.




1 comments:
Wow! I love that! Like you said I think we all go through times where we don't like our selves but what a great reminder that is. Thank you I needed that today!
Post a Comment